Wednesday, February 9, 2011

28 weeks

I've been meaning to work on this post since last Friday, when I officially entered the 3rd trimester. I had an appointment with my ob and measured right on schedule for 28 weeks. The heartbeat was nice and strong, though he kept trying to get away from the wand. I also got my Rhogam shot, which I needed because even though J. and I are both Rh negative, our donor is Rh positive, so the baby could be too.

He has been super active lately - some of the pokes are bordering on painful. And the night before last after I woke up at 4 to go pee, he wouldn't let me fall back asleep, with all his antics. But I'm not complaining at all; it's a thrill every time I feel it.

So I thought maybe it's time to post some belly pics. I have refrained thus far, but am finally giving in. These were taken over the weekend. It's funny because I still feel like I look bigger when I look at myself in the mirror, but these photos don't really reflect what I see. But I guess I look about right. It is still so weird to think of myself as pregnant. But here I am.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful belly Cass!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute!!! I'm so happy that you're feeling Mr. Bean squirm and kick around. Hope things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Look at you! You're beautiful! It must be strange to see yourself pregnant after wanting to be for so long. And there you are! I'm so happy for you, Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, so cute! And awesome apartment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great and the floors do too!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look beautiful cassie! so nice to see you! that's a sweet belly :)
    this time next year, you will have a beautiful little boy crawling on those floors! how's that for a thought?! thanks for the pictures- what a treat!

    -soulshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great!! Welcome to the 3rd tri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous baby bump!! Woohoo for reaching the third trimester...Mr. Bean's arrival is right around the corner!

    T.

    P.S. Your hardwood floors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey...no word of a lie, but for some reason i said "let me check out cassie's blog, maybe there's a belly shot and if not i'm gonna request one"...and there it was!!! how cute is that! you look great! congrats for being in the 3rd trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! to coming so far. You're an inspiration to all women struggling with infertility. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great Cassie! I can't believe you're already in the 3rd tri!

    ReplyDelete