Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Feeling thankful

We have certainly come a long way since last Thanksgiving. We were not in the mood to celebrate the holiday, and decided to just make turkey enchiladas for the two of us. The year before, we actually had an IVF transfer on Thanksgiving day, so I relaxed on the couch while J. finished up the preparations of food I had started the day before. It was a very surreal Thanksgiving and we have certainly come a long way since then. I can't believe how long our journey has lasted, nor can I really believe that we have finally come out the other side. I'm not sure I'll believe it for another five months, but in the meantime, I do feel thankful. Thankful to have had the means (thanks to some insurance, some savings, good credit, a wonderful husband who makes good money, and very generous parents) to pay for all our IVF cycles to get us where we are today. Thankful to the wonderful support system I have found here online, both at IVFC and here on my blog. Thankful to my amazing IRL friends who have been there for me over the past few years. Thankful again to my fabulous husband who has been my strength throughout this whole process, and continues to support me and spoil me every day.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter what stage of your journey you find yourselves at. For those who are not feeling so positive, I know how you feel and I send you lots of hope and love. Thank you all for the support and help you have given me - I couldn't have done it without you!

4 comments:

  1. Diddo Cassie!! Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up on your blog. Happy Thanksgiving! What a year to be thankful huh! Sooooooo happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks to you for being there for me too. It's been a wild ride and it's not over yet and it always makes me feel better knowing there's someone that gets it.

    ReplyDelete