Friday, March 18, 2011

Sad day

This is going to be very brief because I just don't have it in me to write much, but wanted to post that we lost our dear sweet kitty this morning. He had been getting sicker and was back in the hospital this week. When I visited him yesterday, I knew that today we would have to put him down, but was surprised when the vet called so early in the morning to say that we should come in as soon as possible. We hurried over. I got to hold him in my arms the whole time and I hope he knew that I was there for him. This was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and that includes all the sadness I've had in the past few years of infertility, especially because he had been there to comfort me through all that pain.

I don't have any pictures to post at the moment since I lost my hard drive info and haven't put stuff back on this computer, but I will post some belly shots from last week with kitty in them as soon as J can get them downloaded.

As hard as this is for me, I am also feeling a guilty sense of relief, as the stress of his illness and all the care I've had to give him was really beginning to wear me down. Hopefully now I can find some sense of peace and move on to the next stage of my life as we prepare for our joyous event next month.

Rest in peace dear sweet kitty.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. Animals are important parts of our lives. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...big hugs Cassie...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your dear kitty. I'm sure he felt how much you loved him. Your post brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry to read about your sad news, Cassie. I know that our cat means to world to me, and I will be devastated when her time comes. Sending you warm hugs, dear Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss, losing a dear friend kitty is so hard. ((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry my dear. Having experienced my own loss of a furry child just last week, my heart goes out to you. I am so glad that you were able to be there with him. Sending you some big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so so sorry. Loss is so hard, especially when they have seen you through those bad IF times. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cassie,
    so so sorry about your kitty. i am so glad you were able to be there, just as much for you as for your kitty- he knew through and through how much he was loved. i am sorry you lost your special support fuzzy sweet lover. i felt very much the same when we lost our dogs, there was a huge relief for them that they did not have to suffer anymore- they were free of the illness finally. but it is hard to be without them, and i hope you get lots of love from your husband over the next few weeks when you will miss kitty especially so. will be thinking of you.
    -soulshine

    ReplyDelete