Monday, March 21, 2011

Some kitty pictures...

I'm still waiting for the latest belly shots that J took just last week, including some with dear kitty I think, but here is one from last month. So this was on Feb. 21 I think, at just 30weeks. (Today I'm 34 and 3 days.) You can't see too well anyway because I was lying down, but this gives a good idea of how my sweet black cat spent much of his last weeks. The other black and white cat would try to squeeze her way in when she could. Obviously both of them had to find a space other than my lap.














And this is a picture of sweet cat last year, even before his hypoglycemic episode in April. Notice his two cute little white whiskers - I loved those!















Finally, to be fair, I should post a picture with all three. The other two are brother and sister from the same litter and they will be 12 next month. But the black cat was always pretty indifferent about them, and was much more bonded with me. I miss him so much - I can't believe how much it hurts. But the other two sweeties are sitting here next to me as I type this, and I know that I am lucky to still have them to keep me company.

8 comments:

  1. Awe Cass...so sorry for your loss. I remember when my cat had to be put down too so many years ago. I still miss her...sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet cassie! i love all the pictures. what a gorgeous boy, i also think those 2 white whiskers are adorable. i bet you miss him terribly. such a sad time.

    thanks for sharing the pictures... you look very lovely (well, the belly!).
    -soulshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous kitties, all three of them. It sounds like the one you lost was a cuddle monster (as I like to call my kitty who insists on spooning). I'm really sorry about your loss, Cassie. It's so hard to lose a beloved animal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss. The cats are adorable and I always wanted a cat but my husband is allergic:( Congrats on reaching 34 weeks already!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all precious. I'm glad you have the other 2 to help you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fur babies are so ridiculously cute I can hardly stand it. And I'm so very sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. I know how much that hurts. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, Cassie. My eyes fill with tears just thinking about experiencing this kind of loss myself, because my two doggies have been my "children" for the past five years. I will be devastated when it's their time to go, but I tell myself that I'll take comfort in knowing that they are living the good life now. For those of us who bond closely with our pets, I'm sure there is not much that is more painful than losing them. Big hugs to you, and I hope with time the pain lessens.

    ReplyDelete