Friday, April 15, 2011

One more week???????

Ok, so the little guy is not actually breech, but more transverse, with his head up under my ribs (as I suspected) but the rest of him sideways. He is also face up, which meant that they didn't have a good place to grip him to do the version. More importantly, he has the cord around his neck, which is probably why he is staying up there - he knows better than to move down. And my fluid is a little on the low side. For all of these reasons, the doctor did not think it was safe to do the version. So, we are scheduled for a c-section next Friday morning, one week early, so that I hopefully won't go into labor before then. This is somewhat disappointing to me, but ultimately of course I just want the guy to come out safe and sound. And at lunch, J. reminded me of how grateful we should be to even be in this position, and of course he is right.

And now I know that I only have one week to get all the last minute details, both baby-related and work-related, taken care of! I can't believe we are going to meet our baby in just one week!

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are a week away. I'm so excited for you to meet Mr. Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipppeeee!!! I can't wait for you either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe baby = supreme importance = c-section a-ok. I suspect that's how the math goes. How exciting that you will meet your son in one week! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry if you are a little disappointed that you won't experience the drama of a vag birth, but trust me when I tell you the "landscape" changes in ways that are NOT necessarily advantageous after using the normal escape route! Wishing you great productivity this last week and lots of joy and at least a little sleep after Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so super close! Can't wait to see photos and hear about the arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! So exciting! Well, the meeting Mr. Bean pat, not the c-section so much. But you'll be fine, and this will be the safest way to meet the boy, so it's all good.

    Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cassie,
    what a wonderful week you have ahead of you! i am so happy and excited for you- you are going to be such a good mom :) i am glad you have a plan in place... the birth part is just one small piece of a gigantically larger picture, although i know it is hard to let go of something that may have been important and that you looked forward to. if i may offer some small piece of advice, it would be to find some time to talk to the dr.s/nurses before your cesarean so you know exactly what to expect going into it- i did that and had a much greater sense of calm about going in for surgery, before and afterwards. i am just so excited for you! i hope you and the husband can find some time for a nice dinner together before the baby arrives :) woohoo!
    -soulshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cassie,
    This is so exciting! SO psyched for you and for your little one to get to meet his mama on the outside :-)

    Saw your post on ivfc and FWIW, as someone who went through labor and had an emergency c, I think I would have been better off with a scheduled one (doc agrees, if there is a next time-- umm, yeah). Also, given the emergency nature I/we didn't get skin on skin right away, but DD didn't have any issues latching on and getting her food a few hours later.;-)

    Congrats and wow it's really happening!
    sp08

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you well Cassie. It sounds like you have great care and the main thing is meeting your Mr Bean safe and sound xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cassie - just dropping in to let you know that I'm thinking of you and J and can't wait for the birth story! Hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cassie,
    i am on a serious countdown for you! i am so excited- you have ONE MORE DAY! please know i am thinking of you and hope you have such a beautiful, wonderful day tomorrow- makes me have shivers just thinking about it!
    enjoy it all, and update when you can!
    xoxo
    -soulshine

    ReplyDelete