Friday, June 3, 2011

Pathetic!

That's what I am when it come to keeping up this blog! I can't believe it has been a month - I really suck. Oh well. Here I am, though I don't know how much time I have before the munch-monster wakes up from his nap and wants to eat again. He is growing like crazy, thanks to his very healthy appetite. At his 4 week appointment he was up to 9 pounds (from 6 lbs, 7 ozs at his one week appointment). Now he's 6.5 weeks and I'm sure he's well over 10 pounds.

So things are going great. He is very sweet and good-natured, just bursting into crying when he's desperate to eat. He does have a fussy period in the evening, but we have been able to get through it with the purchase of a swing and white noise CD, both of which are true miracles. He likes to eat even more than usual in those evening hours, and I'm starting to think that he is storing it up so he can work on sleeping for a longer period at night. Last night he went from 10:30 to 4:20 between feedings, sleeping the whole time, so I'm hopeful that this trend will continue.

I started pumping milk at around 4 weeks, so that J can give him a bottle just before our bedtime. That has been working very well - he was a little tentative about the bottle the first time, but caught on quickly, so I'm glad we have that flexibility. Also J's mother is coming tomorrow for a week and we are going out next weekend for our five year wedding anniversary. We are planning to go out to dinner, and then spend the night out in a hotel!!! So we need her to be able to give him bottles while we are gone. I've been stockpiling milk and am almost at my goal. It should be a nice celebration, though I have to admit the thing I'm most excited about is getting a full night's sleep (as long as I'm not lying awake worrying about the little guy).

On another note, remember these bracelets?

Well, as promised, they stayed on until baby arrived safely, even though mine was kind of stinky. But they have now been removed:



And I know I said I wasn't going to post pics of the little one, but I think this one is anonymous enough...I hope:


That's to make up for not posting in so long, and I'll try to do better, but probably won't have a chance to write again until MIL leaves next weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Have a great night out--you truly deserve it! Thanks for posting a pic, even though it's blurry we can still get a good idea of his ultimate cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son sounds like such a good baby! And through the blurriness he looks adorable! And Hoooray for cutting off the bracelets and a night out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiles. That's all I have for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is going well, Cassie. What a beautiful boy. Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful image, cassie!
    i have to say this is exactly what i wished for you, that sweet baby of yours safely resting on your lap, having a loving-gaze-fest with each other!

    love your updates! so glad you are all doing well!
    -soulshine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read that you and the kiddo are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Anniversary! And what a gorgeous baby! So happy that things are going well, besides the eczema. Poor little guy, but I'm sure your pedi will help you get that figured out. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete