Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bottle strike

We have a definite bottle strike going on. He absolutely will not take it. I've read all the advice out there on the internet and in my books, and nothing is working. I guess it is normal for babies to start refusing it at this age, even if they took it before. I don't know whether he will change his mind or not. I'm about to try it one more time (either J or I have been trying about once a day, every day) but at this point I'm not even really bothering to pump any extra because I just know it will be wasted. I guess we were lucky that he took the bottle when my MIL was here and we went out for our anniversary. Who knows when that will happen again? I'm also lucky that I'm not going back to work any time soon, although I assume that if I left him with a caretaker he would get the bottle problem sorted out or risk starving himself.

He has been taking a nice afternoon nap in his crib (in the nursery, not in the bedroom bassinet where he sleeps at night), and is doing great with it. Yesterday he slept for an hour and a half in there, and today for two! Why I feel this is such an accomplishment, I'm not sure. But we are getting onto more of a schedule, so that is good.

What a boring post. I have some more "deep" thoughts to post, but can't right now, so I'll save that for the next time.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Cass no advice here, hoping your little man rediscovers his love of the bottle soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really have any advice either, my girl didn't care where she got food from, as long as she got it on time. Maybe a faster nipple? Although I will say, when we switched from the Level 1 to the Level 2 nipple (Dr. Browns) she began to prefer bottles, it was easier/faster to eat.

    And yay for the nap! That is a huge deal, it is a big accomplishment. Relish that free time for you.

    ReplyDelete