Friday, December 17, 2010

Let the holidays begin!

I am finished with my semester and just submitted my grades this morning. Hooray! I can't believe how fast the semester flew by. And I would have been done with my grades even sooner, but had to take two days off to do all my Christmas shopping. I thought it would be a madhouse out and about shopping in Manhattan, but it turns out that mid-week shopping when it is 25 degrees out really isn't all that crowded. So except for the freezing cold, that made my life easier. I did get really tired out yesterday, with the walking and climbing stairs - I'm realizing that I get short of breath really easily.

I've been feeling Mr. Bean a lot! He seems really active and it's so fun to feel him. J still hasn't been able to feel him because I mostly feel him from the inside, plus he doesn't have the patience to leave his hand on my belly for that long. I think he is feeling a little left out and I can't wait for him to be able to feel the movement.

We are leaving for California tomorrow for Christmas. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather - I don't mind not having a chance at a White Christmas. We are staying with J's mom, and she is even having a baby shower for me the day after Christmas. I feel a little weird about having a shower so early, but she is so excited for her first grandbaby, and really wants to do this for me. I hope it won't jinx anything. I have never had a shower for me of any sort (didn't do one for our wedding even), so this should be interesting. J is only going to say hello at the very beginning and then go off to play golf with his step-dad (he is not a golfer at all - has never played before and really doesn't seem like the golfing "type", but he is excited). I did get him an adorable little onsie from Mr. Bean, with a matching t-shirt for him, in a cool design by a local artist that I know he will love. So I'm going to give him that as his shower gift.

So I probably won't check back in until after Christmas. For all of those who celebrate, I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy California...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in CA! And merry Christmas to you. Enjoy the baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, enjoy warm CA!! Merry Christmas to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip with the hubby and Mr. Bean, and Merry Christmas! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas!

    T

    ReplyDelete