Friday, January 21, 2011

Back to school

First week of school is done already! I'm on a two day a week teaching schedule, but have to teach all my classes on those two day (three classes). I think it's actually going to work pretty well. I'm getting used to getting up earlier than usual, and out the door by 7:30. I take my shower the night before and set all my clothes out for the next day. I'm sure many of you are not so impressed by this, but for me, this kind of advanced preparation is a novelty. I have a long day and don't get home until 6:30, but I only have to do it twice a week, so that is nice, since my commute is almost 2 hours each way, by public transportation.

On the other days, I have my prenatal yoga classes - I could conceivably go MWF, but this week only made it on Wednesday. Today we have snow again here in the northeast, plus I am waiting for a FedEx delivery (the third and final attempt), so I did not go. But I am really liking the class, despite the fact that it is still a bit surreal to actually be in a prenatal class with all those pregnant women. I'm hoping I'll make a friend or two. And they also have post-natal classes, as well as Mommy and Me classes, so this could be a good networking opportunity for making new friends.

Mr. Bean has become super-active! I can't believe how much he kicks around and how well I can feel him. I also can see my belly moving now when he pokes. The other night I told J to keep an eye on my belly and sure enough he saw a little poke. He thought it was a little creepy actually. But this morning he got to feel him again, I think just for the second time, when we were lying in bed. J was awake but not quite ready to get up, so he put his hand on my belly just in case. I gave my belly a couple of pokes to wake up the little guy (I know, not nice!), and sure enough he poked back pretty soon after. So that was fun.

Oh, so I wore my new black maternity pants from Mothe.rhood to work yesterday and I really hate them! The material is so thin and cheap, and the pant legs ride up so I look like I'm wearing waders. I don't know how much I'll wear them, and I'm glad I didn't get a second pair. Maybe I'll just wear jeans to work more often, plus the couple of dresses that I have.

We are going to be working more on the nursery in the coming weeks. I have someone coming in to build a closet in there, actually as a little entry way into the room where we can store stuff and also have the cat litter boxes, but still have a door into the nursery that closes. Right now the room is just full of junk that we don't have room for, so we will be building shelving in this closet where we can store all that stuff to have it out of the way. We will also have the room painted a nice light mossy green. And then we'll start thinking about more decorating. I can't believe we are actually doing this!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy that things are falling into place for you! Mr. Bean sounds like a real mover and shaker. : ) You ARE doing this--yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS really happening! I love to hear about the bean's movement, i always loved to feel the critter moving around. good luck getting the nursery together, it always seemed to take more time than it should!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading your posts. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post brought a smile to my face! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a green nursery! Sorry about those crappy maternity pants...maybe leggings and sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you. I have realized that if the clothes are not cotton, I will not wear them. Have you checked out JCPenney? I got a lot of things from them online that are cotton and very cheap and comfortable.

    T

    ReplyDelete