Friday, July 22, 2011

Mr. Bean's first out of town adventure

We are all packed and ready to get out of the hot city! This is our first little vacation with the little guy. Actually my parents are picking up just me and Mr. Bean tomorrow and driving us up to New Hampshire, where we'll meet up also with my sister and her kids. J will meet us up there next week. I'm hoping that we will survive the long car ride. He has only been in a car twice - once home from the hospital and once for another doctor's visit uptown when he was just a week old. Both times in taxis, and for less than 20 minutes. So this will definitely be new.

I know that it is hot all over the country right now, but we had temps of 104 in Central Park today - ugh! I wouldn't have gone out except I had finally managed to re-schedule that hair appointment that I had to cancel back in June. So I left the two men at home and ventured out to get my hair cut for the first time since last August! I'm so happy to finally have a style to my hair again. It was also the first time I'd been on the subway since April - it's crazy how insular my life has become. And I haven't left the city since we went to California for Christmas, so this will be a much needed vacation.

Off to bed - we leave early in the morning....

4 comments: