Saturday, October 2, 2010

First OB appointment!

Had our first OB appointment yesterday and it went great. She is really nice - very calm and confident, reassuring. Not too young, not too old. All the other doctors in the practice are also women, which I like. She did do another ultrasound, though the machine isn't all that great. But we could see Mr. Bean squirming around and saying hello to us again, so that was fun. And she gave us a picture print-out - our first one! We hadn't been taking any pictures of the screen because we didn't want to jinx anything, but now we are happy to have it. I looked at it several times last night.

So even though we had lots of testing results from CCRM, she still had a bunch of things she wanted to run on me, and they took 8 frikkin' tubes of blood from me!!! EIGHT! I don't think I've ever had that much taken before. What on earth could they need that much blood for? I managed to hang in there, though at the end it was slowing down and I had to keep pumping my fist to get it come out. Those of you who remember my old days of local monitoring know that I used to pass out at the drop of a hat, so this was pretty impressive.

We both felt very good about the doctor but of course we forgot to ask her several things. Oh well - I'll keep a list and call her next week. And we are going to go for an NT scan in about 10 days, or 2 weeks, depending on when I can get an appointment. I know our risk of abnormalities is very low with our egg donor being only 19, but I still want to do the screening at least, and then see if we need to do any more invasive testing.

And she wasn't concerned about my P4 level of 11, so I'm going to assume that it is ok. I go again for (possibly) the last monitoring for weaning on Monday. I'm not on any more meds now and am producing it all on my own, but I would like to see that the P4 has gone up by Monday.

To answer someone's question from my last post, no, Mr. Bean is not going to any concerts this weekend. We are going to see Wa.ll St.reet 2, after re-watching the original last night. But next weekend will be very exciting with Gor.illa.z at Mad.ison Sq.are Gar.den. Concert number 3 for Mr. Bean!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you like your new OB and you got through the blood testing. That does seem like a lot of blood, but it is best if they get everything right. Glad she wasn't concerned about your P4 level either.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 vials looks like a lot, but alas it's not nearly as much as it feels. Sorry you had to keep on pumping! Glad you like your doctor--and got a picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update Cassie!! And I wasn't aware you were squeemish during blood draws so good for you to hang in there for 8 vials of blood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cassie - just dropping by to say hello and that i'm happy to see things are moving along well for you guys! i've had a lot of blood drawn for some tests before, so i know exactly what you mean! hopefully they used a butterfly on you. i had 3 drawn today and she didn't use the butterfly...each vial change sent shivers up my spine. i still can't look when they stick me. you'd think that after all this time i would be not big deal. thinking of you and wishing you and Mr. Bean well!

    daisysmom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for your very first OB appointment! Quite a milestone. I bet you love looking at your picture of Mr. Bean. Hoping that your progesterone is a bit higher on Monday so that you won't have to worry about it anymore.

    T.

    ReplyDelete