Friday, October 29, 2010

Second trimester

Wow, I can't believe how long I've been away - I'm sorry. But I haven't been feeling particularly pregnant, or having anything interesting to report. After our NT scan, we did have another OB visit and everything seems fine. She said my uterus is starting to expand, and I can feel that it has gotten harder and is just barely starting to fill out a bit. But I am still not really showing. The waist on some of my pants is getting a little tighter, but most of the time I think that is just gas or bloating - there has been plenty of that. For the most part I am feeling zip, zero, zilch. So really not that exciting.

But we are officially into the second trimester. Today we are at exactly week 14. I guess it is time to start thinking about telling people, but I don't even know where to begin. I guess I want to tell good friends who are not in the area, so will probably send them emails. No, I will not be broadcasting it on Facebook - I always hated getting blindsided by those announcements. J is suggesting that we wait until after the 20 week anatomy scan on Dec. 10 before we tell, so I might hold out until then, except for some really good friends.

I do need to go get my flu shot today. As I mentioned in a previous post, even though the OB said it was fine to get it in the first trimester, I decided to wait. And I'm going to get the preservative-free one at the pharmacy around the corner. I'll do it on my way out to the chiropractor. I have been going there again, since I do have back problems and really need to go. My doctor wasn't so sure about it, but she also seemed to have little idea about what a chiropractor does, so I did my own research and determined that it is perfectly safe. In fact, it might even help with a number of issues throughout the pregnancy. But if anyone has any advice one way or the other, feel free to let me know.

So that's my update. I guess at this point, uneventful is good.

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Lovely to see your update Cassie and I hope you get loads of TLC and excitement when you do start telling people xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for uneventful! You deserve a picture perfect pregnancy after all you went through to reach this point. I can't believe you're already into your second trimester, where does the time go?

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uneventful is indeed good! And congrats for getting into the second trimester! Let the fun times begin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to read your update and to hear that everything is going well. seems like time is passing quickly (for your pregnancy. time over here is almost at a standstill!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey stranger!! So glad to hear from you! And seriously?!! 14 weeks!! My gosh time flies! So glad you little budha is being a good baby and not making you ill. You deserve a worry free pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 14 weeks already! That is awesome--and uneventful is a glorious thing :) I hope you have a great time telling people and bask in all the attention!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you are 14 weeks already. So much has happened since we ate cheesecake together. I am so happy for you and J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uneventful is GREAT! Keep up the boring-but-good work! And second tri - so great!

    ReplyDelete