Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Of packing and patches...

Pack, pack, packing. That's mostly what's going on around here. And taking care of odds and ends, like getting the utilities switched over to us, making appointments with the cable guy and new cat sitter, etc. I'm finally rid of my Lupron headache, as I started my patches yesterday and cut the dosage of Lupron in half. (I obviously got AF, on Sunday, so am now officially in the prepping for ET phase of things...)

As for travel plans, we have booked our car for just the portion that J will be in Denver. It is so expensive right now (when we went out there in June, I was able to get a car for $11 a day, but now it's high season and it's more like $50 a day, plus tax!), that when he leaves on the 8th, he'll return the car and leave me carless. That's not a problem - we'll have me stocked up on the food and supplies I need, and I won't be really going anywhere anyway. I'll take the hotel shuttle to the clinic and Super Shuttle to the airport. But we haven't booked our hotel yet. I want to wait and bid on Priceline, again just for the portion that J will be there. Then we will book the rest of the stay for me at the Homewood Suites, where I know I will be comfortable, have dinner available during the week, and have a nice kitchen as well.

That's about it for now. I probably won't have much to report until after we get settled in. And I will be without internet for a few days between the move until we get our cable set up - how will I manage?!?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would do without Internet...LOL. So glad you are feeling better and things are moving so fast, its really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your headache is better. Good luck with your move. It'll be reallynice to have that behind you before you go out to Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I'm glad that your Lupron headache is subsiding finally! Best wishes for your move and figuring out all the logistics for Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog today and I just wanted to wish you the very very best. I'm 40, too (with cats!) and going through a lot of the same things you talk about in your blog. Thank you for sharing it all - it really really helps to know we're not alone out here. I'll be following your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete