Saturday, September 18, 2010

All shook up

It is concert season in NYC, and last night J and I took the little bean to its first musical event. We saw Vampire Weekend at Radio City Musical Hall, with Beach House opening up for them. It was a great show, but really loud and also incredibly "vibrating". First of all, I was happy to go see a show in a place with nice comfy velvet seats, where we sat comfortably throughout the opening act. But of course as soon as Vampire Weekend came on stage, everyone jumped to their feet and stayed that way for the duration. I can't say I'm surprised. But I was a little tired half way through and ended up sitting down a bit, so I could just hear everything but see absolutely nothing. Whether sitting or standing, the vibration of the bass and drums was pulsing through my whole body and I couldn't help wondering if it was bothersome to Mr. Bean (as we started calling him or her). I hope we didn't do any damage. Next weekend it is Pavement in Central Park and then Gorillaz at Madison Square Garden, followed by Nick Lowe and finally Antony and the Johnsons rounding out the month of October...whew! We're going to grow a little rock star in there.

5 comments: