Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ultrasound update

Well, I couldn't keep myself from logging on at work to update. We saw two sacs, two fetal poles and TWO heartbeats. Holy cow! I can't believe this might have actually worked. It feels so surreal, and I'm definitely more emotional than I was after the betas. Today is 6w5d and Baby A is measuring at 6w2d, which seems good to me. Baby B seems a little behind, at 5w6d...I don't know how big of a deal that is. And I don't know what the heart rate was for either, so hopefully will find out later. After the tech left the room, J and I just hugged each other and got really teary. Then we walked to the subway together, got on the same train downtown until he had to get off and leave me to ride the rest of the way. This is going to be a very strange day. Things are finally beginning to sink in a little, but I'm still so very scared.

16 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I knew there would be two in there! Grinning from ear to ear over here! YAY!!!!!

    And just know, that fear is totally normal, and I've been told it goes away...well, never. Welcome to parenthood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...TWINS!!!!! Wooohoohoo!! I feel like dancing around in my office, LOL! Congratulations, Momma!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What AMAZING news, Cassie! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so excited that you're having twins. Woohooo!
    Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!! Woohoo! Yippeeee!!!! That is the best news. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great and so happy for you!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...tears of joy my friend!! Cassie, you made my day!! Your emotions of your pg are completely normal. All sounds fantastic!! One bean a little behind is not a big deal...if they found hb's on both that's really good news! Wow...fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO incredibly happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting, I was dying to know! Congrats on your double joy!!!

    PBJmom

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH Cassie -- this is fantastic news. It keeps us all hopeful. Wonderful, wonderful news. Thrilled for you and J.
    susan_nyc

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing news! I am so very happy for you Cassie! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful, Cassie! Hooraaayyy! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Congratulations!!! More wonderful news. I love hearing it. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I *knew* it! Double congrats!

    ReplyDelete