Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Belly armed

Sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth. I've had a busy week with orientation for new students, my trip out of town, and the first few days of school. It has been great to keep my mind off of other things. I'm pretty much in a holding pattern, just waiting for the ultrasound a week from today.

But I did get my Bell.y Arm.our blanket today. I can't remember if I mentioned ordering it here or not, but I just had to get one. I'm really not sure if the radiation or wireless signal going to my laptop is detrimental to whatever may be growing inside me, but I certainly wasn't going to risk it. As you know, I'm pretty much a computer junkie, and that takes the form of my laptop sitting right in my, well, lap. I figured better safe than sorry.

In other news, it is hot here. Really, really hot. That last wave of summer heat that I just can't wait to end. It is September and I'm ready for some fall weather! My commute is long enough without also having to endure this hot, sticky stuff. Tomorrow should be a little better, but not much. Then we are going to get hit with some rain to cool things down. I'm looking forward to a nice cooler weekend, to relax and get back to unpacking some more boxes, as well as getting more settled in here in the new apartment.

So, as you can see, things are relatively uneventful here. I'll update when I have more to report.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you!! Sounds like all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the heat, that sux. I cannot imagine being underground waiting on a subway platform in the hot months--we always visit in the winter or spring, or fall. OK summer is the only time we haven't been :) Hope it lets up soon!

    ReplyDelete