Thursday, September 9, 2010

Follow up on ultrasound

I spoke with my new nurse today (love her already - so nice and funny!) about my blood work and ultrasound yesterday. (There seems to be a bit of a lag getting the information from here to there.) Anyway, she said everything looks good and doesn't seem too worried about Baby B being a little smaller. She did say I should go for another ultrasound next week to monitor the growth though.

And the heartbeat info was good news. Baby A was at 127 and Baby B at 110. They want to see over 100, so both are good. But again, Baby B was a little lower, which I guess makes sense if it is a little behind. We won't hold it against him/her.

So now we have to wait until next week for more news - at least it won't be the two weeks I was initially expecting.

Things are starting to sink in a bit and I'm really trying not to freak out about the twin thing. I've handled a lot of stress in the past 3 years, I guess I can handle the more happy kind of stress of two babies, right?

Oh, and the funny thing that my nurse said that totally made me laugh...I said that the two sacs were right next to each other down near the bottom, and that I wasn't sure if that was good or not because I didn't really know where they were supposed to be. She quickly responded in a very matter-of-fact way, "The uterus. As long as they are in the uterus you are doing great. Anywhere else, and we've got a problem." That totally cracked me up, to the point of tears in my eyes. So I guess she's right - we are doing great.

7 comments:

  1. :) This nurse sounds so much better. Glad you get another ultrasound for some extra reassurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Cassie! Your nurse sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for two awesome heartbeats!! That's great that you'll have another ultrasound next week to reassure you. Your new nurse sounds terrific.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love that nurse. She's right, though. Uterus is a very good place for those little ones to be. :)

    Looking forward to next week's report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, congratulations on the twins!!!! How so very exciting! After all this time, you now have TWO on the way, wow wow wow! So glad they're both in the uterus! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So glad that the new nurse seems to be on top of things. Love the comment about the uterus, too! yay for another u/s next week. Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete