Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's done

Just a quick post because I'm really tired. Just got back from retrieval and they got 12 eggs, which is better than I was hoping for. I know we had 8 follicles that looked mature, plus some smaller ones, so I'm hoping some of those smaller ones will be mature as well. We will get the fertilization report tomorrow. I had to ask specifically for them to do Day 2 ICSI on any eggs that they are able to mature overnight if they aren't ready yet. They won't do that automatically unless you have a really small number retrieved, but they will do it if you ask, and I'd like to have as many as possible to work with, especially since this is our last try.
That's all for now - I feel a nap coming on. I'll post the fertilization report tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for 12 eggs! Rest up and let us know how many of those eggies are mature tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice even dozen eggs! Nap away, you've earned it :) Hoping for a great fertilization report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your retrieval! here in nyc...following along...rooting for you : )

    Mo

    ReplyDelete