Monday, August 23, 2010

Even more waiting

I am waiting again. Waiting for the phone call for our second beta. How much time have I spent waiting in the past 3 years? The various two-week waits, the waiting for a cyst to go away, waiting for a cycle to start, waiting to trigger, waiting for testing results, waiting to be cleared for a donor, waiting for the donor to trigger, waiting in my bed for two days, and waiting to finally get those first beta results. And now waiting again. Even after this, if all goes well, there will be more waiting - for ultrasound after ultrasound, and other types of testing to make sure everything is ok. It's just one long waiting game. I am not very good at waiting, especially because it seems I can't do the things I should be doing with my life while I am waiting. I am going to be so far behind before this school year even starts because I can't use my waiting time wisely. I just wait.

6 comments:

  1. I hate waiting too. Hope the call comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is the one of the worst things about this whole process. 2 weeks for an HPT, a few hours for a beta, or a few minutes for a heartbeat...all of it is torture. There is such a loss of control each step of the way and the waiting means no control. It makes me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you go see some Fringe plays to distract you while you wait? Just a thought. Waiting is agonizing indeed; may the beta make it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate waiting too. It is agonizing! At least you live on the east coast and can get your results earlier. Hope you get a great call soon!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "waiting" entry makes me think of Dr. Seuss. So here it is, a passage from "Oh, the places you'll go"

    "You can get so confused that you’ll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space, headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

    The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.

    Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.

    Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting.

    No! That’s not for you!
    Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying. You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing. With banner flip-flapping, once more you’ll ride high! Ready for anything under the sky. Ready because you’re that kind of a guy!

    Oh, the places you’ll go!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo true. I am waiting too, for different things, but still waiting. Does it ever end?

    Where is your phone call????? I'm waiting for that too :)

    ReplyDelete