Monday, August 23, 2010

Some weird things

J and I are generally not all that superstitious or anything, but of course with all this IF stuff we will do whatever it takes. We have wished on many eye lashes (does anyone else do that?) and if I have seen any pennies (heads up of course), I picked them up.

So I know I told you all how I got the call about my grandmother dying while I was sitting at CCRM on retrieval day. So that means that she died the same day as our embryos were fertilized (aka: conception). Right after that, we got in the car and went to do a few errands. We went to Bar.nes and No.ble to get me some books for bed rest. As we were walking into the store, we found a penny. It was totally battered and beat up - the shabbiest penny I have ever seen. Even slightly smushed. I gave it to J and he hung onto it. I had kind of forgotten about it and then last Friday, after we got the beta call, J called out to me from his office/man cave. "Did you touch the penny I had in my dish in here?" No, I promise I didn't touch it. I hadn't even seen it. It was totally gone. So his theory is that the penny has done its job and disappeared into the ether, becoming our good news.

Another weird thing. On Friday morning (beta day) I was making myself scrambled eggs. This is kind of gross, but bear with me. As I cracked my eggs, I noticed that one of them was fertilized and had a little something in it. I didn't want to look at it too closely, so I picked it out. But I have to admit that I ate that egg. Weird, right?

Ok, so here's the last one. This evening right after I got my second beta call, I was checking out my friends' blogs. I went to comment on R's blog and had to fill in the auto-captcha. I know there are some sites that have auto-captchas that vaguely resemble words, but the ones on blogger are always complete gibberish. So guess what I got tonight? "Mamma". That really freaked me out. I'm starting to think that the stars are aligning for us. Please let this last.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is freaky in a good way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your weird things. I wish on eyelashes ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when those auto-captchas are real words! And why not take whatever signs you can get? I definitely wish on eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooooh! That is so good! IF has made me completely superstitious, and I always value the little "signs" along the way. 3 signs for you? Very, very good!

    It is about time for your karma to turn, you've put in enough bad, the good now comes back to you in spades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you on the penny thing. After my grandfather died all of the women in my family started finding pennies and golf tees. With my two pregnancies I found a penny surprise each time. The first was in my room at the clinic for my IUI. The second was in my parking space at home after my first IVF. We have assigned parking spaces and the penny wasn't there when we left in the morning. I would say the mamma captcha has to be a sign.

    ReplyDelete