Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Transfer Day

The deed is done. Not the typical baby-making deed of course, but you know what I mean. The transfer went very smoothly, with Dr. School.cra.ft at the helm. It was super quick. But before hand, I asked the nurse to take a picture of the embryos on the screen, so I could send it to J at work in NY. I was so glad I did that, because I was able to send it to him right after everyone left, so he felt a part of the process. I know he felt badly that he couldn't be with me, and I did feel a bit lonely without him. But the acupuncture was great, and super relaxing, as was the Val.ium.

So we transferred one 4aa and one 4ab. There is one more blast today, but the others are still at the morula stage, or maybe a little further behind, and they expect them to make blast by tomorrow for freezing. I was a little disappointed to hear there weren't more blasts today, but I guess that is normal.

Now I am resting in my room, flat on back with my little make-shift lap tray. Thank goodness for my computer, although I have to admit I'm a little too addicted to it. Oh well. You guys have been such a great source of support for me and I don't know what I would do without you.

7 comments:

  1. Thinking all day about ya!! So glad it went well. Sending sticky vibes and + HPTs SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is IT!!! So glad the transfer went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! So glad the transfer went well. Rest and think sticky thoughts.
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I've been keeping up with your story so I thought now would be a good time to say hello. I'm sending you my positive energy from San Francisco. I'm 41 and I'm just starting my first IVF. So far I'm taking Lupron. The rest will start later this week. It's quite a process as you well know. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it is done and I am sure the Homewood staff is taking great care of you! Good luck with everything!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Those blasts sound great, and Dr. Sch is so quick and efficient. Now you rest, rest, rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that the transfer went well. They are good quality blasts too. That is awesome. Thinking good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete