Thursday, August 19, 2010

Taking a day off...

...from testing that is. J and I both slept better last night without worrying about the testing. I asked him what had kept him up so much the night before, and he said he was just worried knowing that I would be getting up early to test and anxious to know the results. He said he almost woke me up at 4:30 just to get me to go pee and get it over with. He is so cute. But now that I know that there really won't be much of a darker line from one day to the next, I am fine not testing today. I will probably do it tomorrow before the beta.

I found a lab to do my beta - it is just straight across Central Park from where I am, so I will have a nice little walk tomorrow. I actually walked in the park today - around the reservoir. I was going very slow though, because I'm not supposed to really exercise. I was just strolling and listening to my iPod and letting all the runners and speed-walkers pass me. On my way home I came down the street one north of ours and spied something interesting in the bulk trash pick-up. I'm quite the trash-to-treasure person, and I can't help looking when there is a bunch of stuff on the street. What I saw was a lovely wooden glider, albeit very dirty and covered in cobwebs. It wasn't grimy though - mostly just dusty and in very good shape. It had snaps on it, so I assume there was a cushion at some point. It was totally cute and not really big (we don't have too much room here). Of course I totally wanted to drag it home, but I quickly talked myself out of it. That would not have been good (one block and a flight of stairs....). But I did write J to tell him about it. He hasn't answered yet, but if I can convince him to go check it out on his way home, that would be cool. Of course, I hope that is not jinxing us...

6 comments:

  1. Please forgive the NYC Voice of Doom here, but whenever I see furniture, mattresses, etc. on the sidewalk (and there's a lotta that going around in my borough), all I can think is: bedbugs!!! Sounds as though the glider is now fabric-free, in which case I say: hooray! Go for it! But after my brother and his wife had two run-ins with the little creepers at their old place on the UES and had to call in an Official Bedbug-Sniffing Dog ...ugh. I know, because you really need another mother telling you what to do, right? I love that J is so concerned; sounds like you have yourself a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was ADDICTED to poasing when I got my bfp, so I am so impressed that you were able to refrain today. I am so excited for to hear tomorrow's number!!!

    UM- this may sound snotty, but I don't do trash. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO hoping that your beta is high tomorrow!!! Please update the MINUTE you get the results, b/c I'm going to be dying over here in the Midwest!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the story!! I'm with LP, if it has fabric on it...now way Jose...but if it's all wooden - cool find! I just watched a story on I think it was Good Morning America while on the treadmill this morning about bedbugs...YUCK!! But I'm sure you've got a real eye for style and it will be totally cool!

    Looking forward to the beta number tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking a break is a good way to keep from going nuts. I can't wait to know the beta too. If your blog view numbers get huge it's probably me checking in over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A walk around the reservoir sounds divine--almost as divine as that second line! :)
    Hoping for a great number for you!

    ReplyDelete