Saturday, August 14, 2010

Home, sweet home

It felt weird to come home to this apartment where I had only been living for one week before leaving for Denver. But J and the kitties were here waiting for me, so this must be the place. My trip home was uneventful and quick - spent the whole flight listening to iPod and reading.

I was very happy to get good news about the arrival of Mr. and Mrs. InBetween's twins - a boy and a girl - just perfect! I'm so happy that they have finally reached their happy ending, after much turmoil.

I was awake early this morning with cramps. I really don't want to read anything into it. I know that cramps are a good sign at this point, but I've had them after other transfers and definitely was not pregnant. But I am starting to obsess about when to POAS. Definitely not before 5dp5dt (for the laymen out there, that's five days post Day 5 transfer). So that would be Monday. But I know that a safer bet would be to wait for Wednesday. Like I said, I have a lot of work to do to prep for school, and I really didn't get anything done in Denver. So if I were smart, I'd try to get some of that work done before testing, so if I am devastated by a BFN, I will have at least gotten something done before drowning myself in tears.

And so the waiting continues...

6 comments:

  1. The wait is agonizing, I hope it goes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wait sucks, but so does analyzing every little thing looking for a clue. Unfortunately, I know them for myself and can tell. I told R I do not POAS because it would suck if you see a positive and then your numbers aren't good enough. But, I am thinking good thoughts for you and think you had some good quality stuff to work with.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully working on getting ready for the start of school will make the wait pass a little more quickly. Even when I plan to wait to poas, I always give in & start about 10dpo.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez, the dreaded wait. I have no assvice about when to POAS - I was such a mess about that after my last FET.

    Keep busy, but don't do too much heavy lifting, exertion. Lots of class prep sounds perfectly distracting. My fingers and toes and eyes and legs and arms and whatever else are crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY hoping those cramps are implantation cramps. Your wait is agonizing for me too!! But hang in there. I like your plan of doing some work before the POAS-a-thon. Sticky dust, sticky dust, sticky dust!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cramps are good good things in my humble opinion. I hate the waiting, hoping it zips by for you and naturally ends with the news for which you have been waiting!

    ReplyDelete