Monday, August 9, 2010

Sweet Sixteen

Just got the Day 3 report and am a bit overwhelmed. I can't believe that we are actually getting some good news for once. We still have 16 embryos, although it sounds like one is pretty far off track (not sure in which direction). Anyway, we have 15 that are in the 6 to 10 cell range, which is very good. And 12 of those are right at 8 cells, which is ideal. According to the embryologist, "the vast majority" are Grade 4, which is the highest they give them at this point. I teared up a bit when she said that everything looked really wonderful. I wasn't thinking straight enough to ask for any more details, but I think this will have to suffice for now. We will definitely be doing a Day 5 transfer and I'm just hoping we will still have plenty of blasts to choose from. Our initial hope was that we would have 6 blasts - 2 to transfer and 4 to save for later - so anything beyond that would just be amazing.

In other news, my massage for today was also canceled - seems the massage therapist is still sick. So I have no plans for the day and need to find something to do to amuse myself. I do have a lot of work to do to get ready for school, but it is so hard to concentrate on anything else.

They will give me a call later to give me the time to be at CCRM on Wednesday. I can't believe this is really happening...

10 comments:

  1. That is really wonderful news Cassie. SO, so glad to hear it. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such amazing news!!! I will also definitely be thinking about you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie - I just came by to check up on you. EXCELLENT news. It's about time things went your way!

    Okitoki (ivfc)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Isn't it amazing how well the DE does? I am so incredibly happy for you, I bet you will get more blasts than you think!! Be sure to tell us exactly when to send you the stick-in-the-ute vibes on Wednesday, because I'll be sending them in full force!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo!! Those embies sound awesome!! So so so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so great! Since you are bored, you could take a walk and shop at the mall. Wahoo's Fish Tacos is really good. Ross, PF Chang's and Borders are so close. Klaus or Greg can take you anywhere you want as well.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great news! I am so happy for you! I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohooo!!! What a great day 3 report!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I've never heard of a day three report being so good!! I'm so happy for you. You'll be in my thoughts on Wednesday.

    T.

    ReplyDelete